Monday, October 13, 2003

Here's an article worth reading on Leftist West German traitors who worked for the Stasi during the Cold War.

Now, this is a pretty negative article aimed straight at people I really don't like: Soviet (or East German, doesn't matter) agents. I, therefore, have a knee-jerk tendency to approve of it. Yet whenever I see articles generalizing about a country's society, I take them with a couple shakersfull of salt. I've seen so many articles in Spain unfairly and incorrectly generalizing about America. Seeing such pieces on other countries makes me want to ask a bunch of questions like: What percentage of West German leftists were really traitors? Were most far-lefties traitors? Were most moderate lefties traitors? What do most Germans in both the West and the East think about old East Germany today?

No comments: