Wednesday, March 12, 2003

I Googled that guy Andy Robinson who is currently reporting from New York for the Vanguardia. I was surprised to find he's a Brit, making me think, "Why has the Vanguardia hired a Brit who hates America to be their correspondent from New York?" The answer I came up with, using Ockham's Razor again, is that the Vanguardia wanted a reporter who would only report from there negatively. Robinson, whose ass I am going to fact-check to see if I can nail him plagiarizing anything, is apparently a career stringer who's published a couple of books about grassroots political organization, and based on some of the stuff he writes, he's rather farther to the left than your typical journalist. Or than your typical Marxist, though he claims to be a Keynesian. God only knows why any normal person would actually identify himself as that, but he's got a degree from the LSE, so that should explain it. Here's a link to his "Author" page. Based on what you can see of him in the photo, he looks kind of like Renton in Trainspotting. Note his favorite song. Andy, if you're so bored with it, why don't you go back to your hometown of lovely Liverpool?

No comments: