Monday, April 14, 2003

Here's a cool blog in Portuguese (I understand most of it) called O Intermitente. Check it out. This guy is doing tremendous anti-idiotarian work.

I love commentarist and classics professor Victor Davis Hanson and he's got another excellent column up on National Review Online. Here's the intro paragraph and then the thesis statement.

The jubilation of liberating millions from fascism and removing the world’s most odious dictator apparently lasted about 12 hours. I was listening to a frustrated Mr. Rumsfeld last Friday in a news briefing as he tried to deal with a host of furious and crazy questions — a journalistic circus that was nevertheless predictable even before the war started.

I thought immediately of the macabre aftermath to the battle of Arginusae in 406 B.C.


Only Victor Davis Hanson is immediately reminded of the battle of Arginusae in 406 BC by any event us normal folk might imagine. I sure can tell you that nothing has ever reminded me of the battle of Arginusae in 406 BC, immediately or not.

No comments: